Thanks for stopping by the @clobbercalm 10@10 where I ask a successful IG’er, or dare I say a “menswear fashion blogger”to answer 10 questions that I throw at him. Questions about himself and his successful IG feed and things that have led to its existence.
This week Jacques aka @spicyrec took the time to deliver his message in a way that, in all honestly may truly speak for all us IG enthusiasts. 😉
Not much point in me waffling on, as Spicy certainly didn’t and this is after all his feature, but the one thing I will say is if you’re ever in Paris enjoying the sites you should drop by a shop named @kiliwatch.paris. Not only is it one of the best shops on the planet but in the menswear department you might just drop on Mr Spicy who might just take a quick snap of you that could very well end up on his ever popular IG feed.
MEET THE MAN BEHIND THE MENSWEAR
NAME: Jacques aka @spicyrec
LOCATION: Paris, France
OCCUPATION: Used stuff
1. So Why Instagram?
Pure chance, tried Tumblr first…didn’t work…tried Insta…worked!
2. Why Denim, Boots, Workwear, Ruggedness?
Easy to wear!
3. What are your thoughts on the rise in popularity of “Instafashion” and the community it is creating?
Instagram is a very strange thing for me (not my generation) but it is very powerful. Honestly, I don’t understand nothing!
4. Top 3 brands to shop and why?
It must be three Japanese denim brands for sure.
5. Where’s your favourite place to shop these brands
6. When did you decide to voice and share your love for your clobber on social media?
I was against social media! As I’ve said before it’s pure chance. I’ve decided nothing!
7. What’s the secret behind your great images; Who takes them? When are they taken? How do you capture the magic your followers enjoy so much?
I take pictures everyday and I think everybody can do that everyday. Living in Paris for street-art, it’s fantastic. I’m not a photographer at all! I just push a button.
8. What feeds do you like to follow and check in on? Who should we check out?
The list is so long that I can’t really name a few (or I’d have to write a book!) So many great account everywhere all around the world.
9. What tips would you give new starter on instagram to help them get there feed off the ground and successful?
As I’m no expert on this media, I just say one thing; try to be honest and be yourself!
10. And Lucky Last, You’re going to be stranded on a desert island and you can take 1 outfit (4 items) Only with you.
What would they be? And Why?
On an Island…a shirt, a tee, a pair of denim and a pair of Redwings.
Spicy, thank you so much for taking the time good sir! You’re a true gentleman.
*Also we have a mutual friend you know, Luke aka @sendlukeabullet. He’s a great guy that had great things to say about you, from when you guys met!*
Anyway moving on,next week we have Micky, a great guy, he’s very humble and carries a pure passion for Raw Denim and Redwings so it’s a match made in heaven. His Feed @raw.denim carries one of those very clean almost OCD style aesthetics where every pic is perfect. Its very similar to the @outlinedcloth blog we posted about a few weeks back.
It’s a great read as he is from a generation younger than me (where does the time go?) and Its awesome to get his perspective on our every growing community. As always, his feature goes live on the blog next Thursday @10pm.
See you next week folks and for updates please follow our humble 10@10 community on @clobbercalm