Well it’s Thursday folks which means it’s about time we injected this page with an extra dose of denim (and boots of course).
This week we have a truly simple yet classic IG feed, to feature, that’s powered by a great dude named Jim aka @jmietzel.
An obvious lover of Redwings (among others) Jim keeps this feed to the point and boot-porn perfect. So much so he was recently featured in @clutchmagazinejapan!
With a cuff that forever looks crisp and socks to turn your eye, Jim is one smart cat and luckily for us he took the time to answer the 10@10.
MEET THE MAN BEHIND THE MENSWEAR
NAME: Jim Mietzel aka @jmietzel
LOCATION: San Diego, California
1. So Why Instagram?
I like the spur of the moment, snapshot of a place and time that IG offers.
2. Why Denim, Boots, Workwear, Ruggedness?
Both sides of my family have deep Mid-Western roots and my Grandfathers on both sides were Blue-Collar working class guys and those dudes were always my heroes!
3. What are your thoughts on the rise in popularity of “Instafashion” and the community it is creating?
I think it’s great to be able to share ideas about style and fashion with like-minded Gents from around the globe.
4. Top 3 brands to shop and why?
1. Redwing – 100+ year old company that makes a superior product in the heart of the mid-west,in the great state of Minnesota,my second home! Plus Grandpa Mietzel always wore em.
2. Cone Mills Denim – Again a company with a stellar history that makes a product that takes a beating and wears like iron!
3. Psockadelic – A cool new company founded by a group of skate and surf rats in my hometown of San Diego California.
5. Where’s your favourite place to shop these brands?
Lone Flag in the San Diego suburb of Del Mar is a pretty great local shop.
6. When did you decide to voice and share your love for your clobber on social media?
About a year ago, when I stumbled across other like-minded boot and denim enthusiasts.
7. What’s the secret behind your great images; Who takes them? When are they taken? How do you capture the magic your followers enjoy so much?
I’m very fortunate to have great morning sun exposure on the front porch of my house, I would say 90% of my photos are taken by me in the morning on the way out the door to work!
8. What feeds do you like to follow and check in on? Who should we check out?
Must give a huge shoutout to my man Paul @bothrops1, a cool Minnesotan with great style that followed me back early on and made me feel like less of a Dork for posting pics of my boots and denim. Another dude that has Great style and also happens to be a Minnesotan is my man Carey @ottonomous1. Finally, my Dude Jerrod @jjayhawks always posts killer stuff, and again followed me back early on gave me great positive feedback.
9. What tips would you give new starters on Instagram to help them get there feed off the ground and successful?
Clean, clear, good quality images and be consistent.
10. And Lucky Last, You’re going to be stranded on a desert island and you can take 1 outfit (4 items) Only with you.
What would they be? And Why?
1. Redwing 1907, my trusty stand-by and all around favorite boot.
2. A pair of crisp Cone Denim selvedge, because I know they will take a beating and still wear great.
3. Carhartt duck jacket for when things get chilly.
4. Some fresh AF Psockadelic socks to throw a little color and fun into the mix!
Well Jim, you’re the first chap to take Carhartt to the illustrious desert island and great call on the socks. Why not?!
Moving on. Next week is a busy week as always. Monday sees us release a feature on a company called @bluesville. Complete artists when it comes to the colour indigo these guys give us a peek into their business and what drives the @bluesville machine.
Thursday, as always, sees us sport a feature on the bootaholic denim head named Bert aka @bvo_66. Bert was one of the first dudes I came across on Instagram when I started flirting with a denim and boot feed. I instantly loved the clarity of his pics and the originality they boast which makes for a great looking feature. We can’t wait to share so make sure you all swing by!
Have a stellar weekend folks.