Welcome to this Thursday’s denim injection of the 10@10.
Today we will be focusing on Bert aka @bvo_66. Bert is a denim and boot enthusiast located in the Netherlands and he has an IG feed that bleeds blue. With a stirring passion for Denim/Boots and heaps of creativity Bert has managed to hone a feed that is, not only inspirational but also, strongly focused on the product and not ‘Bert’.
Putting this feature together was easy with so many great images to choose from. If you haven’t already, make sure you check out his feed.
MEET THE MAN BEHIND THE MENSWEAR
NAME: Bert van Orden aka @bvo_66
LOCATION: The Netherlands
OCCUPATION: Sales Engineer
1. So Why Instagram?
My son and daughter had an Instagram account and I felt it was something for me too. I love to be creative and I like to share it this way.
2. Why Denim, Boots, Workwear, Ruggedness?
Since my youth I’ve been interested in this type of clothing. When I was a teenager I was a skinhead with a bald head, Dr. Martens boots, Fred Perry shirt and braces. Now I’m older, calmer 😉 and wearing Red Wing boots and raw denim.
3. What are your thoughts on the rise in popularity of “Instafashion” and the community it is creating?
I love it: I have contact with people all over the world who have the same fashion interests as I have. I’ve discovered brands I didn’t know before.
4. Top 3 brands to shop and why?
1). Red Wings — my favorite shoe brand.
2). Rogue Territory — a small US brand who make handgrafted goods in Los Angeles.
3). Fred Perry — since I was a teenager I’ve loved this brand.
5. Where’s your favourite place to shop these brands?
6. When did you decide to voice and share your love for your clobber on social media?
More than 2 years ago I started posting my first pictures on Insta. Soon I got nice comments on my clothing style and I came in contact with like-minded people.
7. What’s the secret behind your great images; Who takes them? When are they taken? How do you capture the magic your followers enjoy so much?
My secret is: keep it simple…it’s not about me, but about the style. I only shoot what I want to show, so try to get as fine as possible details in the picture.
Almost all the pictures are taken by me via the timer on my phone.
8. What feeds do you like to follow and check in on? Who should we check out?
There are a lot of feeds that I like to follow. In random order I will call 5:
9. What tips would you give new starters on Instagram to help them get there feed off the ground and successful?
Take the time to make a good picture, try to find a unique style and find the right hashtags for your picture.
10. And Lucky Last, You’re going to be stranded on a desert island and you can take 1 outfit (4 items) Only with you.
What would they be? And Why?
– Red Wing Iron Rangers boots
– Chup socks
– Rogue Territory Stanton denim
– White t-shirt
Why? Because that’s me…
Well Bert, Wings/Denim/white tee, the All-American hero from the Netherlands. Love it bro! Thanks so much for being part of this series Bert and no doubt we will be floating via each other’s feeds soon!
Hopefully most folks are getting used to the routine now. Next Monday the 10@10 plays host to another dose of denim-porn with the bespoke Raw Denim Jean manufacturers SoSo Clothing aka @sosobrothers followed by next Thursday’s bloke of the week Ken aka @sanforizedson.
Have a tip-top weekend guys and catch you Monday!