Yup, we’ve got to Thursday already & yup, we’ve got to another edition of the 10@10 within the blink of an eye!
Well kind of, it’s actually Monday for me and we just sent the @nakedandfamousdenim 10@10 feature live and it’s top draw so, if you haven’t already, it’s worth stopping by that one for a little nosey!
I’ll be London bound for the next few days visiting as many stores and taking as many notes as possible in the lead up to the opening of the ‘…SUPPLY CO.’.
Anyways, I’m a couple of beers deep and getting slightly distracted by some shit Adam Sandler Netflix film…’The Cobbler’?
Tonight’s broski is Callum aka @callumscott13. Now I very much doubt he will see this for a few weeks as i just noticed on his IG feed that he just became the proud father of little Buddy. Amazing news and what a fantastic start to a feature. I’m sure I speak for us all Callum when I say “congratulations” and we wish you all the happiness in the world bro! Beers!
MEET THE MAN BEHIND THE MENSWEAR
NAME: Callum Scott, AKA @callumscott13
OCCUPATION: Retail manager
1. So Why Instagram?
I’m not really sure what got me onto it in the first place, I don’t think I used it for a long time, but I dig the community vibe and I like the fact that you can bounce between the hashtags and connect with so many other people with mutual interests. I always find myself using it for inspiration or advice which I’d otherwise struggle to find.
2. Why Denim, Boots, Workwear, Ruggedness?
I used to work for Levis so I guess that explains the denim side of it but I was always into the ‘Rockabilly’ style, I think it’s really an extension of that.
As my understanding of classic American culture widened I started looking into the origins of workwear and how it evolved throughout the years, it just stuck with me how nothing was disposable like it is now, you bought wisely and you mended until you couldn’t mend any more.
3. What are your thoughts on the rise in popularity of “Instafashion” and the community it is creating?
Like anything it’s swings and roundabouts, I’ve got chatting to people all over the world, about brands, style and just about everything else, that I would never have spoken to otherwise. There’s really nobody where I’m from with the same kind of interests so I like that side of it.
As with any culture there can be the more elitist types, that look down on other guys for any list of reasons but at the end of the day, it’s just Instagram, don’t take it too seriously.
4. Top 3 brands to shop and why?
This is really difficult so I’m just basing this off of the first three items of clothing I can see, otherwise this list would be endless…
Buzz Ricksons have great basics, I’ve bought just about all of their work shirts that I’ve ever found in my size and I think they offer great value for money.
Dawson Denim are doing an amazing job, most of what you buy will be made by two pairs of hands from start to finish, I don’t think you can get a better quality of product or service at that price.
Red Wing Boots are pretty much my go to for footwear, great range of classic styles and they’ll last a lifetime if you treat them right!
5. Where’s your favourite place to shop these brands?
I’m a big online shopper and an absolute liability on eBay. I’d always prefer to go in to store and try where I can but, with some of the brands I like, it isn’t always possible.
6. When did you decide to voice and share your love for your threads on social media?
I think I was posting occasionally a few years back and then got chatting to some of the other guys that were into the same sort of style and brands, it was probably around then that I realised it was a really good networking tool.
I’m still not great at keeping up to date with it, sometimes life is just too busy, but I’ve made some good friends and have got endless inspiration.
7. What’s the secret behind your great images; Who takes them? When are they taken? How do you capture the magic your followers enjoy so much?
This is where I’m well behind the curve, a lot of the other guys live spoken to have really great, professional looking photos, most of mine are taken by me on my iPhone or else by my other half. Unfortunately I’m not as photogenic as most of them and I’m not a lover of getting my photo taken in public so I think I’ll have to stick to my point, shoot and post method.
8. What feeds do you like to follow and check in on? Who should we check out?
So many great ones about, so I’ve just gone with the last three that I looked at otherwise I’ll never be able to choose…
All great for classic American Style, mainly from 20’s through to the 50’s.
9. What tips would you give new starters on Instagram to help them get there feed off the ground and successful?
If you want to build a following then aim for good quality pictures and frequent posting, remembering to hashtag so that people can find you. At the end of the day, it’s only clothing so don’t take it too seriously, have a bit of fun with it and make some new friends.
10. And Lucky Last, You’re going to be stranded on a desert island, you can take 1 outfit (4 items) and 1 drink ONLY with you.
What would they be? Who made them? Why are you taking them?
What would they be? Who made them? And Why?
I’m so indecisive, this is almost impossible…
1. Buzz Rickson chambray shirt because you can never go wrong with a good chambray, theirs give you just about the best bang for your buck.
2. A Browns Beach Vest makes for a good layering piece, super warm too for those cold island nights and plenty of pockets for keeping your island essentials.
3. My Dawson Denim wide leg jeans would give me plenty of room for movement when I’m out catching my meals.
4. ELMC x John Lofgren donkey puncher boots, because they feel indestructible and they’re probably the most comfortable boots that I own.
I suppose a nice cold beer would go down well on the beach, anything by Brewdog is good for me.
Ah…great stuff. Nice one Callum. It’s been great to have you on here and it’s been a long time coming mate. Again, I wish you all the best with the new addition to your great family!
So, moving on we’ve got loads of stuff coming up but if I’m honest I’m flagging a little and it’s time to get tucked up in bed. Somehow ended up half watching ‘Danny Dyer’s Deadliest Men’. Yup, I’m probs best asleep…”Geezers”!
Have a top weekend people. Stay close.